NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Competition is open between 9.00 AM GMT on March 11th and 8.00 PM IST on 17th May 2019 (the “Competition Period”). Open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 10 to 18 who are in Fifth and Sixth Class in participating Primary schools and First to Sixth Year in participating secondary schools. Permission from parent, legal guardian or teacher required. One entry per person. ENTRY IN THIS COMPETITION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERM AND CONDITIONS (the “T&Cs”)
The Sponsor is The CX Collection, Lismore Co.Waterford, Ireland (“Sponsor”). The T&Cs apply to the Competition sponsored by the Sponsor (the “Competition”). The Competition is skill based whereby participants must submit an original work as outlined in the T&Cs.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to legal residents of Republic of Ireland who, at the time of entry: (i) are aged at least ten (10) years of age and no older than eighteen (18) years (ii) are enrolled in a primary or secondary school in the Republic of Ireland (iii)all participants aged under 18 years of age must have the written consent of a parent, legal guardian or teacher in order to be eligible to participate in the Competition and (iv) all participants need access to the internet (the “Eligibility Criteria”). Employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the Competition, the participant and their parents, legal guardian or teacher warrants that all information is true, accurate and complete.
2. ENTRY: To enter the Competition, participants must satisfy the above eligibility criteria and submit an original work of 250 words (Primary school) 500 words (Secondary School) (the “Entry”). The Entry must not have been previously published, submitted or distributed. The closing date for entries is 8.00pm GMT on 17th May 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be included in the competition. Only one Entry allowed per student.
(i) All submissions will be moderated before appearing on the website. Any profane or inappropriate entries will not be published.
(ii) Only entries with student’s full name, school, teacher and year will be accepted.
(iii) Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
(iv) Entries must not have been previously broadcast or published (in print or online).
(v) No alterations accepted after submission.
(vi) The Sponsor will not confirm receipt of each entry.
(vii) All entries will be visible on the website. The participant (and their parents or legal guardian) hereby agree to have the Entry published on the website.
(viii) All entries will remain visible on the website unless the participant requests removal as per Section 8.
(ix) The Sponsor’s decision is final and binding in respect of all participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
(x) Entries that do not comply in full with the T&Cs will be disqualified.
3. PARENTAL CONSENT: Only entries which are accompanied by a signed parental consent form will be considered. Parental consent forms must be attached to your entry via the online form.
4. PRIZE: All participants must be resident in Ireland. The Prize can only be posted to addresses within Ireland. The winning Entry will receive the following prize: a Chromebook, along with a €100 Amazon voucher, which can be redeemed through amazon.com. Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
5. JUDGING: Members of the Sponsor will choose a shortlist of ten (10) entries per category that will be sent to a judging panel. A judging panel, chosen at the discretion of the Sponsor, will select one winning entry from the entries received. The winner will be notified by 7th June 2019 and the prize will be sent out within 2 weeks of winner’s acknowledgment. The winner may be announced at the keynote speech at the Immrama Festival.
6. RESULTS: The winners will be notified by 7th June 2019. The results will be published by 11th June 2019 on the website -http://www.lismoreimmrama.com/studentcompetition/
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By submitting the Entry in the Competition, the participant (and their parents or legal guardian) warrants that he/she is the owner of the work and the intellectual property in it and the Entry is his or her original work. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another person’s work (as determined in the Sponsor’s reasonable opinion) will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all recognition and prizes. Each participant (and their parents or legal guardian) consents to his/ her Entry being used for the purposes of the Competition and the publication on the website. Copyright remains with the author subject to the Sponsor having the right to first publication.
8. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY: Participants and their parents or legal guardian agree that any personal data collected in connection with the Competition may be used by the Sponsor and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting and administering the Competition. Personal data refers to first name, surname, mailing address, phone number, email address and any other information participants or participant’s parents or legal guardian provided to the Sponsor in connection with the Competition. The participants and their parents or legal guardian consent to the publication of the Entry and personal data on the website of the competition. The Sponsor will comply with all applicable data protection laws. Participants have the right to request deletion of any personal data held by the Sponsor in connection with the Competition by writing to the Sponsor here.
9. LIABILITY: Each participant and their parents or legal guardian shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assignees from and against any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses and losses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any of the T&Cs set forth herein.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Competition is governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in relation thereto.